We are happy to help with the rental of your property. The first step towards this is booking a free market appraisal with us by calling 01792 702007 or emailing email@example.com.
During the market appraisal we can offer advice about the presentation of your property and any additions, improvements or redecoration we think will help maximise the property’s potential. We can also put you in touch with reliable pre-vetted contractors if you need quotes and assistance with
We will also run through your legal obligations as a Landlord and provide a valuation of the likely achievable rent on the property. Finally we will explain the different lettings services provided by Astleys Lettings and the fees you will pay for them.
We offer the following services:
Let Only Service
This service suits you if you have experience of dealing with tenants and maintenance at the property and live locally.
- Full marketing and write up of property
- Use of Zoopla as well as our website
- Organise Energy Performance Certificate if needed
- Pre vet all viewers to check suitability within the framework agreed with you
- Accompanied viewings
- Taking application, references and credit checks from applicants
- Arranging tenancy paperwork and undertaking move in
- Organise Gas Safety Certificate, Electrical Safety Certificate and PAT Testing if required for separate additional costs
- Registering deposit with Deposit Protection Service and all related paperwork, submitting deposit to them
- Provide keys to the property and your contact details
- Account to you with Statement for first month’s rent and deductions
Fees: 50% including VAT of first months’ rent subject to a minimum fee of £360.00 including VAT
Fully Managed Service
This service will suit you if you don’t have any experience as a landlord, are short on time and/or don’t live locally.
In addition to everything covered under the Let Only Service, you also benefit from:
- Organising Inventory & Condition Report prior to move in
- Contacting utility companies for gas, electric, water and council tax to advise of new tenant details following move in (where this is permitted by the utility company)
- Monthly rent collection and any chasing required if rent not paid
- Accounting to you with a monthly statement tracking rent received, our fees and any contractor bills
- Keeping records of any maintenance reported by tenants
- Instructing contractors where necessary and within the terms of our Agreement with you regarding cost
- Regular quarterly inspections at your property with reports provided highlighting any maintenance and/or following up with tenants on queries
- Receiving notice from the tenants and providing information about how they prepare for their end of tenancy
- Undertaking check out report and collecting keys
- Arranging any end of tenancy cleaning or maintenance
- Corresponding with the tenant about proposed deposit deductions if any and processing return through the DPS website
- Reviewing rental valuation and remarketing your property and arranging for new tenants
Fees: Tenancy set up fee of £360.00 (£300.00 plus VAT) per tenancy
14.4% of monthly rental income (12% plus VAT)
Inventory & Condition Report based on size of property. Fees start from £72.00 inc VAT
We will ask you to provide the following documentation to instruct us:
- Land Registry Title Information Document – please note that all owners listed on this document will need to sign the Agreement instructing us
- Photo ID for all listed owners
- Rent Smart Wales confirmation of registration and a copy of your licence (latter applicable to Let Only landlords only)
- Proof of UK residence for each owner
- Energy Performance Certificate for the property (if you have one)
- Gas Safety Certificate for the property (if you have one)
Deposit Protection Service
We are registered with the Deposit Protection Service. Whether you select our Let Only or Managed Service, we will register and submit the deposit to the DPS to be held during the tenancy within their Custodial Scheme. We also issue the necessary documentation prior to tenancy start and the Prescribed Information Form once the deposit has been protected. This means that the deposit monies are not available to landlord, tenant or agent during the course of the tenancy. Once either we or you have completed the check out (depending on service selected), we can then arrange for return of the deposit, less any agreed deductions.
Please note that the DPS expect either us or you to have discussed the proposed deposit deductions with the tenant prior to using the online service with a view to reaching agreement before we do anything. Where this isn’t possible, the dispute is covered within the Managed Service but charged at a separate rate for the Let Only service based on time taken.
Homelet Credit Checks & Rent Protection
As part of the pre-tenancy checks conducted on tenants, we will pass referencing to a third party company called Homelet https://homelet.co.uk/ who offer both referencing and insurance products. They will complete a financial reference (confirming salary or other income), a previous or existing landlord reference and a credit check on each applicant for your property. Once the results of these checks are received, and subject to them being satisfactory, we are happy to offer our Managed landlords a service called Rent Recovery Plus. This service costs £13.20 per month (this is a fixed amount charged to us and back out to you at the same rate without incurring an additional fee but includes Insurance Premium Tax) and offers both rent payments and a full eviction service should your tenant(s) default on rent payments. More details about this will be provided in your market appraisal.
For Let Only landlords we use a reference called Optimum which doesn’t offer Rent guarantee but does provide eviction services should you have a problem with non-receipt of rent and you need to evict your tenant. You need to contact us about this as soon as you become concerned that rent hasn’t been received.
Whilst we don’t expect to experience these problems based on the tenancy set up procedures, its always good to know that you have back up if you need it in the future.
Please ensure that you have checked with the company who provide your buildings and contents insurance and let them know you are renting the property out. You may need to change to a landlords’ policy. A landlord’s policy is different because it usually allows for a longer vacancy period than standard insurance and includes third party liability cover. Please check for both when making your enquiries. If this isn’t offered by your current insurer we can put you in touch with Homelet who can.
We are an ARLA licensed firm. Sarah Coe, the Lettings Manager has undertaken the ARLA recognized NFOPP Level 3 qualification for Residential Letting and Property Management Practice. This registration offers you peace of mind that you are dealing with a regulated firm following best practice procedures to ensure we offer, what we believe, is a fantastic service.