” The Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) is a legal document that provides details on the energy efficiency and environmental impact rating of a property “
If you are planning on selling or letting a property then by law an energy performance certificate that measures the homes efficiency is required.
An EPC is an Energy Performance Certificate which is created by a Domestic Energy Assessor . The assessor will provide the property with a rating based on its energy efficiency and carbon dioxide emissions. The ratings can range from A which is the most efficient to G which is least efficient dependent on each property. The report will also demonstrate a potential efficiency rating.
- Lightbulbs – One of the cheapest ways to help improve your rating is to make sure you have energy efficient lightbulbs installed throughout the property.
- Loft Insulation – Installing loft insulation that is at least 270mm thick is an easy and inexpensive way to improve efficiency and cut down heating bills.
- Double Glazing – Updating windows and doors is another way to save money on your bills and improve efficiency.
- Upgrading Your Boiler – An efficient boiler is a good way to cut energy costs and improve your rating.
- Install A Thermostat – Make sure you’re only heating your property when it’s necessary by installing a thermostat or thermostatic radiator valves to control the temperature throughout the day.
- Insulate Your Water Tank – Adding insulation to your tank is a cheap method to add a few points to your rating.