Surveys & Valuations

Astleys is a member of the Royal Institution of Chartered surveyors, the largest professional body for chartered surveyors in land, property and construction industry.

Astleys can give you clear impartial advice in all of the following matters:
  • Residential and Commercial Valuations
  • Building Surveys
  • RICS Home Buyer Survey and Valuation
  • Rating and Compensation
  • Energy Performance Certificates
  • Lease Renewals
  • Rent Reviews
  • Expert Witness Report

RICS: Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors


Make an informed decision on the property you wish to buy by obtaining an independent and objective report

There are two accepted types of survey

1) Building Survey

The Building Survey comprises a detailed inspection, comprehensive report, analysis of defects and technical advice. It is suitable for period, dilapidated unusual or extensively altered dwellings. Advice on remedies and cost is given.

2) RICS Homebuyer Survey and Valuation

The homebuyer survey and valuation is a standard format providing a concise report concentrating on matters likely to have a significant effect on value and urgent matters. It gives a user friendly general picture of the property. This format is suitable for conventional buildings, houses, bungalows and flats, including Victorian terraced houses. Please ring us to discuss your requirements and the property you wish to buy. We will give you a quote for both types of report.

Tailored Reports

We can prepare reports on specific areas to suit your requirements.

Vaulation for all types of property

Provided for probate, tax planning, purchase, finance etc.

Commercial Property

  • Landlord & tenant
  • Rent reviews/lease renewals
  • Schedules of dilapidation
  • Schedules of condition
  • Valuations

Planning & Development

  • Plans prepared for conversions, extensions, new build
  • Advice on development potential, planning applications, values etc

Expert Witness

  • Preparation of reports for professional negligence, neighbour disputes, building disputes, matrimonial disputes and for the courts where single joint expert witness reports are required.
  • Extensive court experience.