We are delighted to now offer a Residential Lettings Service
We are looking for new landlords and our market appraisals are FREE. Whether you are looking for a Fully Managed Service or wish to use our Let Only Service, we are more than happy to help.
Our Lettings Manager has plenty of experience in the lettings sector and is fully up to date with all the latest legislation including the requirements under the Rent Smart Wales Scheme and is happy to advise.
We are happy to help with the rental of your property. The first step towards this is booking a free market appraisal with us by calling 01792 702007 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
During the market appraisal we can offer advice about the presentation of your property and any additions, improvements or redecoration we think will help maximise the property’s potential. We can also put you in touch with reliable pre-vetted contractors if you need quotes and assistance with this.
We will also run through your legal obligations as a landlord and provide a valuation of the likely achievable rent on the property. Finally we will explain the different lettings services provided by Astleys Lettings and the fees you will pay for them.
We offer two levels of service:
Let Only Service – this service suits you if you have experience of dealing with tenants and maintenance at the property and live locally
- Full marketing and write up of property
- Use of Zoopla and On The Market as well as our website
- Organise Energy Performance Certificate if needed
- Pre vet all viewers to check suitability within the framework agreed with you
- Accompanied viewings
- Taking reservation, references and credit checks from applicants
- Arranging tenancy paperwork and undertaking move in
- Organise Gas Safety Certificate, Electrical Safety Certificate and PAT Testing if required for separate additional costs
- Registering deposit with Deposit Protection Service and all related paperwork, submitting deposit to them
- Provide keys to the property and your contact details
- Account to you with Statement for first month’s rent and deductions
Fees: 60% of first months’ rent for all properties (50% plus VAT)
Fully Managed Service – this service will suit you if you don’t have any experience as a landlord, are short on time and/or don’t live locally. In addition to everything covered under the Let Only Service, you also benefit from:
- Contacting utility companies for gas, electric, water and council tax to advise of new tenant details following move in
- Monthly rent collection and any chasing required if rent not paid
- Accounting to you with a monthly statement tracking rent received, our fees and any contractor bills
- Keeping records of any maintenance reported by tenants
- Instructing contractors where necessary and within the terms of our Agreement with you regarding cost
- Regular quarterly inspections at your property with reports provided highlighting any maintenance and/or following up with tenants on queries
- Receiving notice from the tenants and providing information about how they prepare for their end of tenancy
- Undertaking check out report and collecting keys
- Arranging any end of tenancy cleaning or maintenance
- Corresponding with the tenant about proposed deposit deductions if any and processing return through the DPS website
- Reviewing rental valuation and remarketing your property and arranging for new tenants
Fees: Tenancy set up fee of £210.00 (£175.00 plus VAT) per tenancy
14.4% of monthly rental income (12% plus VAT)
We also ask that you have an Inventory & Condition Report prepared for your managed property and we provide this service for a separate fee based on the size and status of your property (ie unfurnished or furnished). Fees start from £60.00 (inc VAT)
We will ask you to provide the following documentation to instruct us:
- Land Registry Title Information Document – please note that all owners listed on this document will need to sign the Agreement instructing us
- Photo ID for all listed owners
- Rent Smart Wales confirmation of registration and a copy of your licence (latter applicable to Let Only landlords only)
- Proof of UK residence for each owner
- Energy Performance Certificate for the property (if you have one)
- Gas Safety Certificate for the property (if you have one)
Rent Smart Wales
As of 23rd November 2015, Welsh Government require that all landlords within the private rented sector are registered with the Rent Smart Wales Scheme. This means that you register yourself and your property then specify if you manage the property yourself or have an agent who does this. The aim of this scheme is to raise standards in the private rented sector (PRS) by generating an active database of all the properties and landlords in the PRS in Wales. More information about the scheme can be found at https://www.rentsmart.gov.wales/en/
Registration is £33.50 for yourself and any number of properties. If you put your property or properties with us on our Managed Service, you tell Rent Smart Wales that we look after them for you and that’s all you need to do. You can complete this by clicking through on the attached link https://www.rentsmart.gov.wales/en/security/login/?fdReturnURL=%2fen%2fdashboard%2f%3ffdSignUp%3dtrue&fdSignIn=False&fdSignUp=True
This will take you straight through to the registration page but also allows you to navigate to frequently asked questions about the scheme.
If you manage your properties yourself, you will also need to complete a Rent Smart Wales approved course to be certified as a “fit and proper person” and then apply for your own licence. The online application fee for this is £144.00 and one licence will cover all of your properties.
Astleys Lettings have submitted a licence and are expecting our licence to arrive mid May 2017. We are fully compliant and request that when instructing us, you ensure that you are too. Please feel free to ask us any questions if you are unsure about this scheme.
Thank you for choosing Astleys Lettings to assist with your property search. Please feel free to use the search bar to narrow down your options so that you can see if what properties might suit your needs. Alternatively, please contact 01792 702007 or click this link for a callback and we will do the matching for you.
What you need to know about renting from us
We will ask you a series of questions when taking your details in order to book a viewing. This is to make sure that we can match you to the properties which most closely suit your requirements. You can view up to three different properties with us before making an application. To ensure we show you the right ones, we will need the information provided during registration to be clear.
Can you afford the property you are looking at?
Use this calculation to work out if you can afford the rent plus the associated costs of running a property:
Rent x 2.5 x 12
(Example: £650.00 x 2.5 x 12 = £19500)
This gives you the sum you will need to earn per year (before tax). It can be shared between you and your partner or the person you are sharing with but the total income for the adults in the house must be more than this sum.
Applying for your selected property
We will ask you to pay a Reservation Fee of £210.00 (£175.00 plus VAT). This fee covers the cost of your referencing and the work we need to do to get all the paperwork ready for your tenancy start.
This fee also holds the property for you for a period of 4 weeks during which time we will not proceed with any other viewings. You will need to start your tenancy within that period but as long as you allow 7-10 working days for completion of your referencing, we can move you in at any time after that.
We will ask you to sign a Terms of Business Agreement with us – click here for a copy. We will also ask you to complete a Homelet referencing form, you will need to provide as much information on this form as possible to help with your referencing.
We will also ask you to provide photo ID and proof of UK residence. Click here for the Terms of Business Agreement which gives the lists of acceptable documentation you can use. Please ring us if you have any queries.
Finally you must have been resident in the UK for more than six months to have an open credit history file.
Referencing takes approximately 7-10 days to include preparation of the paperwork needed for your tenancy start. You can ring us at any time to check on progress or if you have a query and we will let you know if your employer or current landlord aren’t responding to us or Homelet.
Based on your income or circumstances, you may need a guarantor. If you do, the rent calculation for them is
Rent x 3 x 12
(Example: 650 x 3 x 12 = £23400)
Please call 01792 702007 or email email@example.com to arrange an appointment.