We pride ourselves at Astleys at being experts in our field. One of our specialisms is undertaking Valuations on Freehold and Leasehold interests of residential property, typically known as ‘enfranchisement’. A recent BBC News article highlighted the high costs that some homeowners are faced with when they look to purchase the freehold interest of their property. Acquiring the Freehold can avoid costly escalating annual ground rents as well as preventing the lease term running down to a point that can seriously affect morgageability and therefore value. Our Chartered Surveyors can provide you with a specialist valuation to acquire the freehold interest of your house or extended the long leasehold interest of a flat or apartment, as well as undertaking negations with the Freeholder on your behalf, which can often save you great deal of money compared to dealing with the Freeholder direct. We cover a large area of South Wales, including Swansea, Neath, Llanelli and their surrounding villages and towns. If your looking to save money and avoid the expensive costs often quoted by the Freeholder then please get in touch.
Astleys have been awarded with the Build Magazine – Real Estate & Property Awards in South Wales for 2015. The 2015 Real Estate & Property Awards have been put in place to celebrate the people and firms whose responsibility it is to shape and steer the industry in what is traditionally a highly volatile and occasionally unpredictable sphere. Paul Beaton, Director at Astleys explains, “we are certainly delighted with the award. 2015 has been an effective year for us, which is evident by the expansion of our offices, the addition of three new staff members within our Professional Department and now the recognition within the property industry with the acknowledgment of this award”.
We are please to announce the £100 Prize Draw Winner, Mr Daniel Vaughan of Llanelli. “I am delighted to have won and it couldn’t have come at a better time now that we have an extra mouth to feed”, confirms Mr Vaughan. Pictured is Mr & Mrs Vaughan with son Arthur who was presented with the cheque by Astleys Director, Paul Beaton.
Astleys have let the former Whitford Leather Co premises on undisclosed terms. The ground floor retail unit has been let to Goose Island for a term of 10 years. Sean Thomas of Astleys explains, “the agreed letting hopefully confirms that the retail market is starting to show signs of recovery and improved confidence as we are starting to see average lease lengths increasing.”
The Conservative Assembly Member and Shadow Minister for Tourism, Culture and Heritage, Sport, Equalities, and the Welsh Language Suzy Davies AM has relocated offices within Swansea City Centre. Astleys acted on behalf of the Landlord. Sean Thomas, Head of Commercial Agency comments “we have noticed that there appears to be increased activity and requirements for city centre office accommodation in comparison to the past 3-5 years whereby requirements were generally targeted to areas such as SA1 and more established business centre. I believe we are now starting to see the secondary office market within the city centre picking up, which could be as a result of the slowly improving economy or alternative the increased development opportunities the City has to offer.”
- 1. For a chance to be entered into Astleys free prize draw all participants must like our Astleys Facebook page or follow Astleys on Twitter #Astleysprizedraw and vote for your favourite advert. To register your vote all participants must write “I VOTE” followed by their nominated promotional advert.
- 2. There will be a choice of 6 promotional adverts prepared by Astleys.
- 3. You will be automatically entered into the free prize draw if you successfully nominate the advert with the most votes.
- 4. There will be no restrictions on the number of times you can vote for a chance to be entered into our free prize draw.
- 5. Winners must be over 18 years of age and a resident in the UK. Employees of Astleys Samuel Leeder Ltd T/A Astleys or any of its subsidiary companies, their families, agents or anyone else connected with this promotion, are not eligible to win.
- 6. By entering, the participant agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- 7. The free prize draw enables one selected participant to win £100.
- 8. The winner will be selected at random from all entries received that successfully nominates the advert with the most votes.
- 9. All votes that are eligible for the free prize draw must be submitted before noon on 29th November 2015.
- 10. The winning entrant will be draw on 1st December 2015 by an independent person.
- 11. By submitting a vote, the winning entrant will give Astleys the right to contact them.
- 12. The winner will be notified either by Facebook or Twitter within 2 days of the draw date.
- 13. If you are the winner, you agree to participate in any publicity or promotion organised by Astleys including promotional photographs and disclosing the name of the winner.
- 14. The winner will be expected to participate in any publicity or promotion within 5 days of the draw date.
- 15. Astleys reserve the right to withdraw this offer or amend these Terms and Conditions at any time, without notice.
16. In the event of any dispute regarding the Terms and Condition, the conduct, results and any other matters relating to this prize draw, the decision of Astleys shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
Astleys has successfully let the entire office suites situated at Mansel House within Swansea City Centre. The entire building has been let to four independent occupiers over three floors. Swansea Bay Regional Equality Centre recently acquired the remaining space by taking 2,228 sq ft with Swansea Carers acquiring the entire first floor and part ground floor offices.
Sean Thomas of Astleys adds, “we have now managed to secure lettings on the entire building, which will provide our client with a reasonable income stream with potential growth if the office market remains strong. It is rare that you see an office block of this size become fully occupied”